Caring for a loved one who is abusing alcohol or other drugs is challenging but you don’t need to do it alone. National services can provide support and information needs, provided by people with personal experience of the effects of alcohol or other drug use within their family or friendship groups.

Family Drug Help

1300 660 068, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week


Family Drug Help (FDH) provides a specialist service to support family members and friends who are concerned about a loved one’s alcohol and other drug use.
Family Drug Support Australia

1300 368 186, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week


Family Drug Support (FDS) was formed in 1997 after its founder Tony Trimingham lost his son to a heroin overdose. FDS is primarily made up of volunteers who have experienced first hand the trauma and chaos of having family members with drug dependency.
Parent Drug Information Service – WA

1800 653 203

The Parent Drug Information Service is a confidential, non-judgemental, 24 hour/seven days a week helpline for families and carers seeking help for alcohol or other drug use.

The Information and Support Pack for Parents and Families (PDF 434kb) is a 31 page download that has been developed by the Parent Drug Information Service in Western Australia, and contains useful information for parents concerned about alcohol and other drug use by their children.

Help for people who are deaf or hard of hearing

People who are deaf or have a hearing or speech impairment can contact us by phone using the National Relay Service.

Help for people for whom English is not their first language

The Translating and Interpreting Service (TIS National) is an interpreting service provided by the Department of Immigration and Border Protection for people who do not speak English and for agencies and businesses that need to communicate with their non-English speaking clients.

TIS phone services:

Immediate phone interpreting service
Pre-booked phone interpreting service